Search This Blog

Monday, July 20, 2015

Sabah DAP Chief should answer election fund issue

KOTA KINABALU - The RM180,000 election fund issue should be answered by DAP Sabah Chief Jimmy Wong and no one else, said his former deputy Fred Fung.

"How can anyone else answer on behalf of Jimmy if they do not know anything about it? So it would be better if they keep quiet as those who try to defend Jimmy may reflect badly on them," said Fung.

He said the election fund is not a personal matter as claimed by his former comrade, Chan Foong Hin, the Sri Tanjong Assemblyman.

"As I am no longer in the party, the only avenue for me is to raise up the matter in the newspapers so that party members would be aware of what was going on behind their back. And this election fund issue is neither a small matter nor personal matter between me and Jimmy.
.
"My initial questions were about the RM180,000 election fund and the Ranau earthquake relief fund initiated by the party.

"Jimmy, in a highly charged press conference at one of the Luyang coffeeshops, choose to ignore the RM180,000 election fund but explained in detail about the relief fund.

"So if he can explain in such detail about the relief fund, then I do not think that it is so difficult to answer my question on the election fund. In actual fact, Jimmy was the one who mounted a personal attack against me. "But for me, if I raised any matter up and someone wants to hit me below my belt, I am prepared. And luckily I still have all the records and prove with me to rebuke him," said Fund in a statement, Sunday.

"Election fund should be properly accounted for as the party, especially the leadership in DAP Central, has 'carved it in stone' that - transparency and accountability - are among the principles that they hold dearly to.

"Any donation made was for the party and not for any individual in the party or else I would not have been a witness if it was not for the party," said Fung.

He said he does not know why  it was so difficult for Jimmy, the Kota Kinabalu MP, to answer his simple question of whether he did receive the RM180,000 election fund or not and what happened to it.

"He should come clean with it, instead of his party colleagues answering on his behalf and trying to divert the real issue," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment